Weight: 269 BMI: 34.54
Total Weight Loss: 34 pounds
No change in weight today. Tomorrow I start my 2nd month in this journey. I’m quite happy with my progress so far and I’m excited to see what happens in this second month. Here are the main benefits I’ve noticed so far:
- Weight loss – down 34 pounds (15.4 kg)
- Reduction in medications (down from 42 pills for my diabetes to just 14)
- Another reduction in high blood pressure medications from 14 per week to 7
- Energy. I feel amazing when I wake up. I literally jump out of bed and feel ready to start my day.
- Meralgia paraesthetica – this is a condition where a nerve gets pinched in your back after standing or walking for 10 minutes or so. It caused my right leg to go numb (like it was asleep) from my hip to knee. This was due solely to my excess weight. This has since disappeared 🙂
- Clearer thinking. My mind seems sharper as well as my vision.
- Image – I just feel better about myself and feel even more energized when people stop me to say that I’m looking better 🙂
- Skin – Although I don’t see this, others have commented how my skin looks healthier.
And of course there are benefits that can’t really be seen. What’s happening inside my body is a complete cell regeneration. All these vegetables and fruits are helping my cells fight back and builds a stronger immune system and removes toxins from the body.
I just figured out what I have “eaten” this past month:
- 1240 leaves of kale
- 620 stalks of celery
- 155 cucumbers
- 78 lemons
- 155 inches of ginger
- 310 green apples
That’s a lot of nutrients blasting my body 🙂
Stay tuned for round two !